Ever since my first time touching the field I’ve always wanted to play lacrosse. It’s just what brings me joy. It is a part of who I am. I started playing lacrosse in first grade and I’ve loved it since. I started out playing with a small team called Rival. It’s a great way to start your skills and get some great coaching. Then in third grade I started playing for a travel team. Team 91 Carolina, since then I have played for a regional team 91 south and national team 91 national which is the best 91 kids in America. It is really fun to play lacrosse and the rules make it super cool.  Like in lacrosse when you shoot if you miss and the ball goes out. It’s not who the ball goes out on, it’s who’s closer to the ball when it goes out which means if I shoot and miss there’s a chance that my team could keep possession. 

Lacrosse is definitely a contact sport. That’s why I wear pads. There is a shoulder/chest pad, elbow pad, helmet, and gloves with a stick. I love lacrosse and you should try it too!

4 thoughts on “LACROSSE!

1. Great job Hunter! I think that you are the best writer in Durham Academy because your writing is so neat all the time. My favorite part about your blog is that you put a picture of yourself sweating and in your lacrosse clothing. I think it really adds to the blog so that people know what uniforms you guys wear or it can show that your so prestigious when it comes to sports that you win a medal with your team. Great job 29HunterF! You are the goat! 🐐